About the Role:
Position Title: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Schedule: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Toronto, Canada (Hybrid - In Office or Remote)
Remote candidates will be required to spend one week a month at HQ.
Reports to: CEO
Direct Reports: Director of Finance
About Vive Crop Protection:
Vive is a crop protection technology company focused on making synthetic and biological active ingredients better using their patented Allosperse® nano-polymer delivery system. This delivery system improves the distribution of the product and the performance resulting in increased eﬃciency and ROI.
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Mississauga, ON, Vive Crop Protection is fully commercial with established distribution across the U.S., and their products were used on 2.0M+ acres in 2022. Vive has raised $60M USD in equity & debt to date, having announced the closing of a $30M Series C ﬁnancing in December 2022. The funds will be primarily used to accelerate the commercial deployment of their products throughout North America and to continue to evolve their research and development.
Vive has grown 150-200% year-over-year for the past 5 years and is not slowing down! The company has received several awards for innovation and ranked in the top half of companies in Deloitte’s 2021 North American Technology Fast 500 and was ranked in Deloitte's 2022 Clean
Technology Fast 15. Vive has 100+ U.S. and Global patents, and a goal of having their products and technologies on every acre in the next 10 years.
About the Opportunity:
As the CFO, you will lead Finance for the business, responsible for the management of all ﬁnancial and operational aspects of the business to reach the desired growth targets. You will manage all Finance, Administration, and Business Insights and will also be a major part of Capital Raising, Corporate Development, M&A, and other ﬁnancing strategies. Vive will continue to drive expansion internationally which will also be a key part of the strategic direction the CFO will lead in collaboration with the leadership team.
- Lead FP&A, reporting, treasury functions
- Manage budgeting, forecasting, modeling, proﬁtability analysis, and cash ﬂow forecasts
- Be responsible for timely and accurate reporting
- Lead long term planning for working capital management and inventory control
- Ensure business is well capitalized by optimizing cash ﬂow
- Manage all foreign currency exchange and hedging
- Lead all ﬁnancial audit activities
- Build, drive & implement all short- and long-term strategy
- Develop and improve process, policy, and procedures to accommodate growth and future objectives
- Implement improvements to help eliminate manual workarounds
Corp Dev/ Financing
- Work collaboratively with with VP, Business Development and Corporate Development on these initiatives
- Manage relationships with equity and debt-based investors
- Lead the identiﬁcation, assessment, purchase and integration of acquisition targets
- Raise capital through debt ﬁnancing, Venture Capital investment and/or Private Equity Investment
- Lead team in the management of complex undertakings and organizational changes
- Inﬂuence key stakeholders, internal and external, in complex contexts and lead change management initiatives
- Develop reports by coaching, mentoring, and performance management
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Commerce, Accounting, Business Management or related ﬁeld
- Experience raising capital in excess of $50M
- 10-15+ years in a leadership position
- Proven track record of success in fast-growth, complex environments
- Knowledge of ﬁnancial reporting standards and regulations, including ASPE
- Strong sense of ethics and eﬀort and willingness to ‘roll up sleeves’
- Private Equity experience is an asset
- CPA designation is an asset
We are working with an executive search firm to fill this role. If you or someone you know is relevant to this position and interested in a further discussion, please contact Samantha Wood, Sr. Vice President, Executive Search:
For more information and to apply for this position, click here.