- The RPDM coordinates with different R&D stakeholders at Vive to ensure projects are completed on-time, is within budget and scope; monitor and summarize progress of project(s) and prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project(s).
- The RDPM coordinates with Product Development Managers, Director of Finance and Operations and HR to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible and will assist in the hiring of new talent as needed to fulfill department and project needs.
- The RDPM identifies & manages grants that offset R&D expenditures.
Key Success Factors
- Deliver results on strategic objectives with minimal guidance and oversight; create processes and solutions to new and repeated initiatives.
- Implement a project management infrastructure to coordinate and track a wide range of R&D projects with significant inter-project dependencies and complexities.
- Summarize information to appropriate stakeholders such as Senior Management, other Vive scientists as well as external partners including those with technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Identify, apply for, and manage government grants that offset R&D expenses.
- Managing multi-disciplinary project teams through different phases of projects, including project objectives, developing project goals, deliverables and scope; defining project resource requirements and developing project documents to monitor and support projects.
- Provide input into the design and development of management systems for applied research or advanced development projects.
Internally – Sales & Marketing, Product Development, QA/QC, Operations, Joint Health and Safety Committee.
Externally – External Consultants, Outside Counsel, CROs, Service Providers, Grant consortium members and Government Agencies.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties for the flawless execution of projects.
- Identify, apply for, and manage government grants. Coordinate with partners and internal stakeholders to ensure that projects/deliverables are completed on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Assist in the definition of development project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and implement a detailed project management infrastructure to monitor and track project progress; manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques. Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Report and escalate to senior management any identified issues as needed; perform forward-looking risk management to identify possible mitigation measures.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties and external partners relevant to project objectives.
- Meet with internal stakeholders to plan, update and clarify specific requirements of projects.
- Assist in the delegation of project tasks with Development Managers based on junior staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels.
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Degree in related scientific discipline such as chemistry, biology, or agricultural sciences preferably with 2-4 years of experience in project management.
- PMP Certification preferred but not required. Familiarity with Agile Project Management is an asset.
- Familiarity with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures.
- Excellent literature and research skills; data analysis and statistical skills.
- Familiarity with government funding programs and experience in grant applications and management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, creativity and innovation, organizing and planning skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a multitasking environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Very good interpersonal skills, team skills, and leadership skills.
- Propensity for continuous learning and experimenting.
- Strong computer skills including with spreadsheets, office programs and applicable software applications.
Key Competencies and Vive Values
We are grower focused – network & relationship building, customer focused.
- Builds strong working relationships across the organization to understand the impact of projects on customer needs.
We succeed through collective genius – collaborative, teamwork, problem-solving.
- Consults with internal stakeholders on project plans; establish and maintain relationships with third parties and grant consortia.
We are passionate about building something real – results oriented, quality orientation.
- Provide input into applied research or advanced development projects and on the design and development of new products and systems.
We are confident & adaptive owners – adaptable, initiate, accountable.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget. Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs. Adapts easily to changing scenarios.
We are precise, data-driven and science-based – critical thinking, research, analysis, analytical thinking.
- Makes decisions based on sound analyses. Measures project performance using appropriate tools and verification techniques. Develops spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs.
- Fast-paced environment, with a high degree of urgency and responsibility.
- High ability to make decisions, influence others, and provide counsel on the spot, often without full information or context.
- Highly team-orientated but must be a self-starter and able to work independently.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required on certain projects
Interested parties should email a 1 page cover letter and their resume to [email protected] with “RDPM” as the subject heading on or before September 24, 2021.