Your core mission is to ensure that Vive’s portfolio sales objectives across the Midwest are met. As a core member of the Sales and Marketing team, you will play an integral part in the Company’s success. You have an excellent understanding of the US agricultural marketplace and have past experience in agricultural sales. You understand the agricultural distribution model and will work to expand Vive’s market position, sales, and relationships with existing and new retail accounts across the Midwest. You are a self-driven individual who is passionate about winning and representing a unique and novel product line in a highly competitive agricultural marketplace.
You will deliver on this mission by:
- Business Planning - Developing and executing retail business plans including sales forecasts and new market opportunities. Meeting the needs of our retail customers, enabling them to exceed revenue expectations with our product portfolio.
- Retail Sales Management - Developing the necessary relationships and business influence with distributor retail and wholesale accounts, COI partners, and key growers to achieve Vive’s sales & business objectives for the territory.
- Market Expansion - Co-developing and executing new crop protection programs and ideas within key crops of corn, potatoes, alfalfa, and others, which enable Vive’s product portfolio to grow and be differentiated versus competitors.
Internally – US Sales Team, Marketing (Product Management & Communications), Product Development
Externally – Agricultural retailers and personnel, Key Growers, and agricultural distributors and personnel throughout sales territory
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures that Vive’s portfolio sales objectives are achieved in the US Midwest territory: Southern Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, and Kentucky.
- Works to expand Vive’s market position, sales, and relationship with existing and new retail and grower accounts within the region.
- Ensures key information is routinely updated in CRM, enabling a conduit of market intelligence for the organization.
- Develops and executes sales strategies and business plans which support the joint business needs of our customers and Vive Crop Protection.
- Establishes productive and professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts.
- Uses creativity, market knowledge, and business knowledge to provide innovative ideas for business growth.
- Works closely with the Sales and Marketing team to support the “voice of the customer.”
- Works closely with all departments in Vive in supporting our overall culture and business growth.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCES
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5 or more years of experience in field sales in agriculture
- Sound agronomic understanding of crop protection products and their use
- Experience in the liquid fertilizer or biological market a plus
- Experience with managing and calling on ag retailers, key growers, and ag distributors
- Experience launching new products and/or technologies into the ag marketplace
- Excellent understanding of the agricultural marketplace within the Midwestern states, excellent understanding of respective crops grown within the region, and experienced in agricultural sales.
- Excellent agronomic knowledge and ability to apply it in supporting differentiated product selling
- Proven ability, to influence and build relationships with customers (growers, retailers, and distributors) to generate purchases of innovative agricultural crop protection products.
- Experience in establishing deep and meaningful relationships with customer base
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Effective in small team settings driving collaborative approaches
- Self-driven individual who is passionate about winning and representing a unique and novel product line in a highly competitive agricultural marketplace.
- Valid passport with ability to travel as needed across the US and Canada
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
For more information and to apply for this position, click here.